Are you getting bored with your basic plank? We have 5 ways for you to improve and enhance this top notch core exercise.
1. Plank Taps - Plank on your hands instead of your forearms and tap yourself on the shoulder with the opposite arm. Right hand taps the left shoulder, left hand taps the right shoulder. Try to keep your rear end tight so your body does not rock from side to side.
2. Plank Up-Downs - Begin your plank on your forearms. Press yourself up onto your hands starting with the right hand, then the left hand. Take yourself back down to your forearms starting with the right arm, then the left arm.
3. Plank Tap Unders - Start in a plank on your hands, bring your right leg under your body at your hips toward your left side. Tap the floor with the right foot and take the leg back to starting position. Repeat on the left side. Be sure to stay as tight as you can in your booty, inner thighs, and abs so you are not rocking and using momentum.
4. Plank X-outs - Start in a plank on either your hands or your forearms and with your feet together. Staying as tight as you can through your core, walk your feet out as far as you can, one leg at a time. Slowly, walk the feet back in to starting position.
5. Plank with leg lifts - Start in a plank on either your hands or your forearms and with your feet together. Lift the right foot up off the floor and hold it for 30 seconds. Place the right foot back on the ground and then lift the left leg up and hold for 30 seconds.