- What is another word for withering?
- What does negligable mean?
- What does whither mean in Old English?
- What thrive means?
- What is meant by the word withering ‘?
- What is a withering look?
- What does scornful mean?
- What does appalled mean?
- What is the opposite of straighten?
- How do you use wither in a sentence?
- What is the opposite of withered?
- What does maturing mean?
What is another word for withering?
SYNONYMS FOR wither 1 wrinkle, shrink, dry, decline, languish, droop, waste.
5 humiliate, shame..
What does negligable mean?
: so small or unimportant or of so little consequence as to warrant little or no attention : trifling a negligible error last year sales were negligible a negligible risk a negligible effect.
What does whither mean in Old English?
1. To which specified place or position: landed on the shores whither the storm had tossed them. 2. To whatever place, result, or condition: “Whither thou goest, I will go” (Ruth 1:16). [Middle English, from Old English hwider; see kwo- in Indo-European roots.]
What thrive means?
to grow vigorouslyintransitive verb. 1 : to grow vigorously : flourish. 2 : to gain in wealth or possessions : prosper. 3 : to progress toward or realize a goal despite or because of circumstances —often used with onthrives on conflict.
What is meant by the word withering ‘?
1 : to become dry and sapless especially : to shrivel from or as if from loss of bodily moisture. 2 : to lose vitality, force, or freshness public support for the bill is withering. transitive verb. 1 : to cause to wither.
What is a withering look?
Meaning of withering in English A withering look, remark, etc. is one that is intended to make someone feel ashamed: He said that Lizzie had been drunk at the time and I saw her shoot him a withering glance.
What does scornful mean?
: full of scorn : contemptuous.
What does appalled mean?
: affected by strong feelings of shock and dismay …
What is the opposite of straighten?
What is the opposite of straighten?bendcrookdisorganizedispersemovescattertwistmess upmix uparch15 more rows
How do you use wither in a sentence?
Wither sentence examplesHe is really dead now, and will wither very quickly. … Leaves, after performing their functions for a certain time, wither and die. … On a successful wither the amount of the tea ferment or enzyme is dependent.More items…
What is the opposite of withered?
Opposite of shrivelled, shrunken or faded, especially due to lack of water. blooming. fresh. growing. Adjective.
What does maturing mean?
Verb. mature(DEVELOP MENTALLY) mature(GROW PHYSICALLY) mature(FOOD) mature(FINANCE)